In celebration the 23rd Founding Anniversary, Indiana Aerospace University held a week long intramurals from September 6-12, 2015, anchored on the theme, “Follow, Love, Yearn for what is good @ 23”. The opening of the much-anticipated event kicked off with “I need A Hero” Fun Run and Zumba Fitness at 4 am in the morning. This was participated by IAU students, faculty and staff. The campus was filled with festivity and vivacity. Reverberating shouts and cheers echoed in the air as the epic week of fun and competition began. The Sinulog Mardi Gras Competition capped the weeklong celebration showcasing the Festival Kings and Queens of the different year levels with their Sr. Sto. Niño inspired gowns. The event was graced by the founders of IAU, Dr. Jovenal B. Toring and Mdm. Cecilia V. Toring, who danced in the opening salvo together with the Festival Queen 2014, Ms. Paula Luz Gomez and the Festival King 2014, Mr. Lourenz Arellano. The competition started with street dancing. Each contingent presented their interpretation of Cebu’s very own Sinulog Festival. The Awarding ceremony followed. First Year B emerged as the Overall Sports Champion and the Sophomores won the coveted Mardigras Competition. Wahini Begin, Freshmen BS AM and Ralph Gica, Senior BSAT were declared Mr. and Ms. Intramurals.
Aviation Partnership Philippines Corp. conducted a Ramp Safety Awareness Seminar with the incoming interns from IAU BATCH 2015. The seminar was held in the Audio Visual Room of Indiana Aerospace University last July 30, 2015 along with Mr. Renato Ogot, Technical Training Instructor of A+, Mr. Greg Gonzales – Technical Warehouse Officer -Aircaft Parts and Miss Michelle Corder, HR/Administrative Dept. Officer. Rock on Aerospacers!
The HRM-TTM Department or known as the H.A.T.S. had their Formal Cocktail Pool Welcome Party last Saturday, July 25, 2015. They had a dual-venue held at the H.A.T.S. Department building and at the University Pool which they transformed into a summer night beach-like setting. The event was showered by the presence of IAU’s founders, Mrs. Cecilia Toring and Dr. Jovenal Toring; the SAO Head, Mr. John Christopher Toring; the Department Head, Mr. Vicente Barina; the H.A.T.S. Adviser, Ms. Contessa Castro, MBA; H.A.T.S. Governor, Kris Robert Ching; H.A.T.S. Vice-Governor Zhaina May Mabute.
Here’s every reason why we should all love Merl Gayo for taking up the cudgel in Miss Teen Earth Philippines which was aired on June 28, 7:00 PM at TV 5.
- Why did you join Miss Teen Earth Philippines? “I joined Miss Teen Earth Philippines to experience something purposeful – getting involved in preserving and protecting.”
- What was the most challenging part of the pageant? “The most challenging part was the preliminary screening because thousands of girls were bagging for a spot in the official candidates of MTEP 2015. Luckily, I made it!”
- Can you call it a once in a lifetime experience? Was it worth it? “Indeed, being a Miss Teen Earth Philippines candidate was a once in a lifetime experience because it is different from any other pageants. It is a pageant with beauty and a purpose. And that purpose of the MTEP made itself all worth it.”
- How did you manage your time when you were still in the competition? “I had trainings for consecutive nights and classes during the day. It was hard getting up early for class after a training that finishes until 11 in the evening. However, I made sure to do my school works first. I kept up doing my head most priority”
- How did it make you feel? “It made me feel blessed and lucky.”
- What is your cutting edge among the other students here in IAU? “I have my own bucket list. Perhaps, what makes me different from other students here in IAU are my goals and outlook in life. I am a great dreamer and I extremely do not want to waste any opportunity that will bring me to success. The world is my battleground. I am not a person of mediocrity. I do not settle for something less. And I always work hard for the things I want to achieve.
- How do you express your uniqueness? “I can express my uniqueness by giving my best in everything that I do – small things or big. And by having a good relationship with people around me.”
- What do you want to tell the students of IAU? Let us continue to empower our school and give our hearts out for each other and for the world we live in
In this picture, students of the Ecology class of Mr. Edgar Taghoy expressed their concerns about the sad state of our ecological environment wrought by human negligence. They aimed to raise environmental awareness through a slogan. They took a stand for our one single planet. How about yours?