Foreign Language(FL) 1 and 2 college students headed by Sensei Jocelyn Hirahara, joined the Japan Festival 2012 held at the Ayala Center Cebu last August 12. The two (2) day event showing the Philippines’ and Japan’s strong and vibrant relationship was in line with its Seventh Anniversary since its inception of the Friendship Month in Cebu.
The activities were as follows:
- Cosplay Competition participated by Filipino students impersonating as Japanese anime characters.
- Karaoke sing-along competition.
- Wadaiko (Japanese traditional drum) presentation.
- Awaodori (Japanese traditional dance) staged by Filipino and Japanese dancers.
- Exhibit booths showcasing Japanese culture and arts such as Ikebana floral arrangement.